Tuesday 13 March 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Article 5 by Kristen Simmons

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Article 5 by

Article 5 - Tor Teen

Beth and Ryan were holding hands. It was enough to risk a formal citation for indecency, and they knew better, but I didn’t say anything. Curfew rounds wouldn’t begin for another two hours, and freedom was stolen in moments like these.
-- Chapter 1


I was out. But not free.
-- Chapter 5


This Tuesday I’m not going to say much about the fun book I’m reading because I’m up to my neck in a definitely not so fun book (which you don’t have to worry about since it’s developmental psychology - unless anyone wants a teaser from that?). Anyway, Article 5 is, you might have guessed, a dystopia and it seems like a promising scenario so far.

5 comments:

Sana said...

Dystopia is like a drug because I need to read Article 5 now =D

My Teaser Tuesday!

Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

Pamela said...

This sounds like such a great dystopian story. I love the first teaser, especially "freedom was stolen in moments like these." Thanks for sharing :)

Feel free to check out my teaser here.

@MelissaJoLynn_ said...

Just added this to my To Read list! The synopsis sounds like a mixture of hunger games and delirium. I love the teaser too. Here's my teaser http://harleybearbookblog.blogspot.com/

Karen and Gerard said...

I'll have to keep this one in mind--I like the dystopian genre. Good teaser, I want more!

Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/03/tuesday-teaser-twice.html

Christine Rains said...

Intriguing teasers. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment