Wednesday 21 March 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Selection by Kiera Cass

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.


This week’s can’t wait to read selection is
The Selection by
Publication Date: April 24th 2012

The Selection - Harper Teen
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.
Synopsis by goodreads.com

The synopsis triggers memories of Matched by Ally Condie but also of Imperial Woman by Pearl S. Buck, which I deavoured and loved years back. America Singer sounds like a reluctant heroine. As I'm always in favour of the girl on the sidelines getting pushed into the spotlight, I am intrigued about how she'll handle it. So with an America - Aspen - Maxen love triangle just waiting to happen, we're in for a  fair bit of drama. Will she choose the "beggar" over the "prince"? But whose reading life doesn't need some extra drama?

For eagerly waiting fans, you might want to follow the latest news of the novel being adapted for television. Read the news here.
Is The Selection a book for your TBR-pile? What are you waiting on this Wednesday?


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to read The Selection because of the TV show, exactly. It's got Ethan Peck as the prince! I don't know if I can handle it. ;D

Here's my WoW ♥
Check my international giveaway!

Ange said...

This one looks and sounds so good! I added it to my TBR a few weeks ago when someone had it one their WoW. Here's my Waiting on Weds this week! Happy reading!

Beth F said...

I like the first teaser in particular. Fun way to discover a new book.

Post a Comment