Tuesday 8 May 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Grave Mercy by R.L. LaFevers

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!  

Grave Mercy by R.L. LaFevers

Grave Mercy - Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

When one consorts with assassins, one must expect to dance along the edge of a knife once or twice.
-- Chapter 20

I smile back. we are, for all the world, a happy little party out to enjoy the fine autumn day. But of course, we are not.
-- Chapter 23


I have a soft spot for stories with a historical background, especially medieval courts. Add to that a touch of supernatural and a strong female protagonist ... and a bit of romance, yes ... and you can be fairly certain that I will enjoy it. Grave Mercy fits this bill very neatly. Even if dear Ismae could do with a good reality check from time to time. But then again it is the age of "my god wills it", so I suppose she is quite rebellious for her time. Now for that needle work involving the base of a skull (Chapter 21) ...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the first teaser. This is on my tbr list- looking forward to it!

Here's my TT this week: http://ttoria.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/teaser-tuesday-20.html

Vix :-)

Pamela said...

I've seen lots of teasers for this! I don't usually read historical fiction, but this one looks really interesting. Great teasers!

Feel free to check out my teaser here.

starryeyedjen said...

This book was made of awesome! Now you've made me want to go back and re-read it! :)

Here's my teaser. Happy Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

Good teaser, I've been debating on whether I want to read this one or not. Here's mine: http://whatsontheshelf.wordpress.com/2012/05/07/teaser-tuesday-17/

Post a Comment