Wednesday 20 June 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Origin by Jessica Khoury


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week’s can’t wait to read selection is
Origin by Jessica Khoury.
Publication Date: September 4th 2012

Origin - Razorbill
Pia has grown up in a secret laboratory hidden deep in the Amazon rain forest. She was raised by a team of scientists who have created her to be the start of a new immortal race. But on the night of her seventeenth birthday, Pia discovers a hole in the electric fence that surrounds her sterile home—and sneaks outside the compound for the first time in her life.

Free in the jungle, Pia meets Eio, a boy from a nearby village. Together, they embark on a race against time to discover the truth about Pia’s origin—a truth with deadly consequences that will change their lives forever.
Synopsis from goodreads.com

This week's Waiting on Wednesday features an immortal, unbreakable girl, created by scientists in a jungle. The cover and the synopsyis are fascinating. I heard, there were secrets in the jungle, but this secret seems huge! I'm curious as of what to expect from Pia, but it sounds like she's determined and active and I love that about a heroine.

I want him. And I want freedom. Most of all ... I want the truth.
This short teaser is taken from Jessica Khoury's website, where you can get a glimpse of the novel by hovering over the cover of Origin. 
That just made me want to read this book even more!

Leave us a comment with what you're waiting on this week.

5 comments:

Becky said...

This one is on my list too. It looks really good. Great pick!

My WoW

Farah said...

Origin sounds really good. SO looking forward for this. Awesome pick! :D

Drop by my WoW?

Cathy De Los Santos said...

This is first on my list of books to read from BEA. Great choice! Here's my Teaser

roro said...

lovly wow

WOW

Chey said...

This one sounds really good, it's also on a lot of wishlists! :)

Post a Comment