Wednesday 11 July 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Hidden by Sophie Jordan

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week’s can’t wait to read selection is
Hidden by Sophie Jordan.
Publication Date: September 11th 2012

Hidden - HarperTEEN
Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the "prince" of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian's sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into the heart of enemy territory.

The only way Jacinda can reach Miram is by posing as a prisoner herself, though once she assumes that disguise, things quickly spiral out of her control. As she learns more about her captors, she realizes that even if Will and Cassian can carry out their part of the plan, there's no guarantee they'll all make it out alive. But what Jacinda never could have foreseen is that escaping would be only the beginning....
Synopsis from goodreads.com

Hidden is the third book in Sophie Jordan's Firelight Trilogy.
Jacinda, shape-shifting descendant of dragons, meets Will, a hunter out to kill her kind. They fall in love and thus the trouble begins.
I read and re-read the first book several times and loved the strong main characters Jacinda and Will. Who I didn't get along with well were her sister Tamra and her supposed bond Cassian. That was a problem for me in book two, where both play more important roles. At the end, I had to admit that I liked them more and more and I am now curious how they're going to pull off the rescue of Cassian's sister, Miram, in book three since Jacinda feels responsible for her being captured. What will happen if they don't succeed?
As the synopsis suggests there are questions to be answered in this book and I'm not sure if I'll like the answers. Still, I can't wait for September to plunge into the story again!

Have you started Firelight yet? What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

The Book Rogue said...

sounds really interesting, I can see why you're looking forward to this! Thanks for sharing, and for stepping by my blog! =)

Unknown said...

This was my pick a few weeks ago, and I still can't wait! God, Cassian, Will, who will she choose??! I'm completely torn down the middle, So I would simply have to have them both! ;)
Stopping through with My WoW!
Happy Wednesday!

Lizzy said...

I love, love, love the covers for her books. Sadly I'm way behind in this series. Great pick!

Jennifer said...

Great pick! I haven't read the series yet but I'm eager to dive into it. I hear its really good. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment