Tuesday 31 July 2012

Teaser Tuesday: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!  

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Simon & Schuster Children's
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer -
Simon & Schuster BFYR


One little joke involving hemorrhagic fever and they brand you 'unstable'.
-- Chapter 7
I decided not to tell her about my little adventure today; if she watched me any closer, she’d turn into the Eye of Sauron.
-- Chapter 15




If you asked why it took me so long to start this book, I couldn’t for the life of me give you a plausible reason. I’ll also tell you that the book confuses me at times and not in an entirely mystery pleasing way. But! I want to know what really happened. And yes, I want more Noah. And Jamie, I like the crazy best friend. Sue me. Actually, please don’t. I’d rather you join me in waiting for the sequel ... and share your teasers.

6 comments:

Vonnie said...

The Eye of Sauron? Does it reference Lord of the Rings all the time?

Here's mine: http://vonniesreadingcorner.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesdays-7.html

Nash Nordin said...

'unstable?' haha! I wonder what's the joke?


ai-books

Jessica ( frellathon ) said...

The Eye of Sauron and unstable ah talk about sounding appealing

Karen and Gerard said...

Good teasers--wonder what the adventure was.

Here’s ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/07/tuesday-teasers-between-lines.html

Beth F said...

Great teasers. I've been wanting to read this one.

I'm playing today too, at Beth Fish Reads

Anonymous said...

Heard of this one, great teasers!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/teaser-tuesday_31.html

Post a Comment