Wednesday 18 July 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week’s can’t wait to read selection is
Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake.
Publication Date: August 7th 2012

 
Girl of Nightmares - Tor Teen
It's been months since the ghost of Anna Korlov opened a door to Hell in her basement and disappeared into it, but ghost-hunter Cas Lowood can't move on.
His friends remind him that Anna sacrificed herself so that Cas could live--not walk around half dead. He knows they're right, but in Cas's eyes, no living girl he meets can compare to the dead girl he fell in love with.
Now he's seeing Anna everywhere: sometimes when he's asleep and sometimes in waking nightmares. But something is very wrong...these aren't just daydreams. Anna seems tortured, torn apart in new and ever more gruesome ways every time she appears.
Cas doesn't know what happened to Anna when she disappeared into Hell, but he knows she doesn't deserve whatever is happening to her now. Anna saved Cas more than once, and it's time for him to return the favor.
Synopsis from goodreads.com

Confession: I was absolutely afraid of reading the first book, Anna Dressed in Blood. I mean, a title like that doesn’t exactly promise rainbows and fluffy kittens. In retrospect I’m so glad that I read it. Sure, there are parts that I wouldn’t like to see in movies (because images are way more scary than words--and now that I said this the next book will probably eat me alive) but the story and the idea are both fascinating and I love the writing and just about everything else. So I’m not so patiently awaiting the sequel ... and I’ll heed the author’s advice and read it with the oven gloves on (fingernails, if you know what I mean).

Anything you can hardly wait to get your hands on this week?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh! I am halfway through the first book as we speak and LOVVVVING it, so I can't wait for this as well! :)

New follower :)

Check out my WOW

fakesteph said...

I am SO PSYCHED for this one! It's going to be amazing!

Grad Student said...

YES AND YES. I love Cas, he is such a refreshing main character, and I liked the change of pace of a male narrator. Great WoW pick.
Check out my WoW http://yafictionandwhiskeysours.blogspot.com/

Brittani said...

Awesome pick! I'm really excited for this as well!

My WoW

-Brittani

Grad Student said...

MUST READ THIS BOOK! It looks so cool!

Post a Comment