Tuesday 8 January 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 

Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor.

Days of Blood and Starlight
- Little, Brown


He looked very tired, his eyes heavy-lidded, but he mustered a smile.
"All ready?" he asked her.
She nodded and lit the incense.
"Good girl."
She bristled at the words and the caressing tone in which he spoke them. Am I? she wondered as she sank to her knees to raise the dead.
-- Page 70



My teaser comes from the sequel to Daughter of Smoke and Bone, which was an amazing read. Whereas the first book had two perspectives from which to tell the story, Days of Blood and Starlight has three: Karou, Akiva and Zuzana. I like Zuzana the most; she is feisty and funny and a loyal friend to Karou. The teaser is taken from Karou's part though, because its tone reflects the tone of the book until now: dark, brooding, full of doubts - only broken by Zuzana's optimism. I'm still at the beginning and, as I'm afraid for the characters, it's not so easy for me to continue. There are difficult times ahead, but Zuzana is my (star-)light.

Which books are you reading right now? Tease us in the comments!

9 comments:

Kara said...

It certainly sounds like a story to keep you on the edge of your seat. Nice teaser! :)

Here's mine: http://flowersofquiethappiness.blogspot.com/2013/01/teaser-tuesdays-jayber-crow.html

Anonymous said...

Oh, I want to read this soon! I haven't read the first book, but they're both in my TBR list already ;)
Thanks for checking out my post! https://thebookishsideofme.wordpress.com/2013/01/08/teaser-tuesdays-1/

Unknown said...

Holy Moly ~ I need to read this NOW... Great teaser!!!

My Tuesday Prelude

Happy Reading :)

Monika G. said...

Loved it so much. :) Great teaser. :)

My Teaser

Anonymous said...

Interesting teaser!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/teaser-tuesday.html

A Belle’s Tales said...

I LOVE this teaser! I really need to start this series! Thanks so much for sharing and for stopping by My Teaser. Happy Reading :D

Catarina said...

Really good teaser!

Here's my Teaser Tuesday!

Catarina
@Reading and Things

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

I didn't realize there were so many POVs in this book! I still need to read the first one, which I vow will happen in 2013 at some point. :)

Thanks for stopping by my post!

~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

Trish said...

love the last line! wow. good tease. may have to visit this book sometime soon!
Trish - My Teaser

Post a Comment