Wednesday 27 March 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: How My Summer Went Up In Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week’s can’t wait to read selection is
How My Summer Went Up in Flames
by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
Publication Date: May 7th 2013

How My Summer Went Up In Flames
- Simon Pulse
Rosie’s always been impulsive. She didn’t intend to set her cheating ex-boyfriend’s car on fire. And she never thought her attempts to make amends could be considered stalking. So when she’s served with a temporary restraining order on the first day of summer vacation, she’s heartbroken—and furious.

To put distance between Rosie and her ex, Rosie’s parents send her on a cross-country road trip with responsible, reliable neighbor Matty and his two friends. Forget freedom of the road, Rosie wants to hitchhike home and win back her ex. But her determination starts to dwindle with each passing mile. Because Rosie’s spark of anger? It may have just ignited a romance with someone new…
Synopsis from goodreads.com.

I laughed out loud at this synopsis. Setting the ex-boyfriends car on fire is definitely an original idea. Especially, when hes been cheating. But getting caught, not so much. The road trip seems to be a good thing to deal with heartache though, even if impulsive Rosie doesnt see it that way at the beginning.
Somehow I’ve read only a few road trip books until now, but theyve all made me want to leave for a trip myself. Lets see what How My Summer Went Up in Flames brings. The travel bug and a few laughs would be a good start. ;)

Would you rather go on a road trip yourself than read about it? Tell us in the comments along with your book choice this week!

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

This one looks cute. Thanks for sharing!

Kat
www.katsbookbuzz.net

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

Sounds like a great read. Here's my WoW:
http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-new-kate-atkinson.html

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Road trips are always fun to read about! Sounds good....and here's MY WOW POST

Maggie @ Just a Couple More Pages said...

I have this one on my TBR list, great choice! I obviously love reading, but I still think I'd rather take a road trip than read about one :)

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Post a Comment