Tuesday 28 May 2013

Teaser Tuesday: How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski.

How My Summer Went Up In Flames
- Simon Pulse
I walk into the kitchen and begin opening cabinets in search of the perfect snack to calm me down. Let’s see. Temporary restraining order . . . I bypass the pretzels and head straight for the Double Stuf Oreos.
-- Page 5


“Sorry. Logan is just such a jerk. He’s pissing me off.”
“Yeah, that’s why you’ll be in love with him by the time we hit the Pennsylvania-Virginia border,” Matty half mumbles.
-- Page 52

I needed something funny this week and How My Summer Went Up In Flames seemed perfect. Main character Rosie's perky personality and dry humour makes me laugh. She already messes up the ridiculously tight road trip itinerary her three "dorky" travel companions came up with in chapter four, which tells me that there is more to come. Moreover, I wonder if Matty is right with his comment or if she may surprise even her best friend. I'm looking forward to see what this girl has up her sleeve that even she doesn't know.

What are you in the mood for this week? Leave us a comment along with your teaser.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love double stuf oreos too! haha

my teaser tuesday
http://wp.me/p3v5T1-3y

Karen and Gerard said...

The Oreos is the better choice! Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2013/05/3-tuesday-teasers-1-romance-and-2-non.html

Anonymous said...

Awesome teaser. Book sounds great.

http://cynthia2729.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/teaser-tuesday-may-28/

Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction said...

I might have to read this soon too. I need something fun! Glad I found you via Teaser Tuesday - I'm now following your blog!

Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

Unknown said...

This one is coming up soon for me, sounds fun!


Here's my Teaser Tuesday The Summer I Became a Nerd

Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

Post a Comment