Wednesday 8 May 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week’s can’t wait to read selection is
Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan.
Publication Dates: UK – August 29th 2013, US – September 24th 2013

Untold – Simon & Schuster UK

Free from bonds, but not each other
It’s time to choose sides … On the surface, Sorry-in-the-Vale is a sleepy English town. But Kami Glass knows the truth. Sorry-in-the-Vale is full of magic. In the old days, the Lynburn family ruled with fear, terrifying the people into submission in order to kill for blood and power. Now the Lynburns are back, and Rob Lynburn is gathering sorcerers so that the town can return to the old ways.
But Rob and his followers aren’t the only sorcerers in town. A decision must be made: pay the blood sacrifice, or fight. For Kami, this means more than just choosing between good and evil. With her link to Jared Lynburn severed, she’s now free to love anyone she chooses. But who should that be?
Synopsis from goodreads.com

There are few authors that can tease/torture their readers like Sarah Rees Brennan ... and not too surprisingly, those authors more or less all belong to the same writing group. I suspect that this is not so much a writing group but rather an evil-authors-club. But I love their work anyway. And I can hardly wait to find out what Kami is up to next. And Jared. And Holly, And Rusty. And Ash. And ... You get the idea (at the same time I’m also completely terrified by what might come to pass). I adored the cover design of Unspoken, but apparently this is a minority opinion since the upcoming paperback and this sequel are taking a completely different approach. It probably fits the mysterious part of the story, but to me it also looks slightly more generic. Just my two cents. Feel free to disagree (and yes, I’m aware of that horrible rhyme).

Question for the comments: What do you think about changing cover designs in the middle of a series? Or is this no concern for you at all?

2 comments:

The Book Rogue said...

Unspoken is on my tbr. It got me the first time I saw it, but I don't know when I'll have time for it. Looking forward to the series, though. Nice pick! My WoW

Krystianna said...

I've heard great things about Sarah Rees Brennan's other books though I haven't read them yet. Thanks for sharing. :)
Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

Post a Comment