Wednesday 24 July 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week’s can’t wait to read selection is
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black.
Publication Dates: UK September 1st 2013, US September 3rd 2013.

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown –
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers


Tana lives in a world where walled cities called Coldtowns exist. In them, quarantined monsters and humans mingle in a decadently bloody mix of predator and prey. The only problem is, once you pass through Coldtown’s gates, you can never leave.
One morning, after a perfectly ordinary party, Tana wakes up surrounded by corpses. The only other survivors of this massacre are her exasperatingly endearing ex-boyfriend, infected and on the edge, and a mysterious boy burdened with a terrible secret. Shaken and determined, Tana enters a race against the clock to save the three of them the only way she knows how: by going straight to the wicked, opulent heart of Coldtown itself.
Synopsis from goodreads.com


The cover is so creepily awesome that I could stare at it for a considerable time ... not that I haven’t done so already. Just look at the detail of the veins being part of the title. Yes, I’m easy to please, but then again it’s neither a headless girl nor feet nor person from behind. Furthermore, it’s a Holly Black book and from what I’ve heard it will be vampires. I’m certain that Holly Black will give the whole thing her very own twist, which will either make people love it or say that they couldn’t get into the story. I absolutely loved The Curse Workers series, but I know enough people who didn’t and I can sort of understand them (even though I still think it’s a pity).

Do you have favourite authors who aren’t everyone’s cup of tea? Let us know about them in the comments and please share your waiting on choice of the week.

2 comments:

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

Oh, great pick! I really love Holly Black, and I can't wait to check this out!

Natalie @Natflix&Books said...

I've heard great things about Holly Black, but haven't read anything by her yet. This one does sound intriguing and it's definitely on my TBR. Great pick!
Natflix&Books' WoW

Post a Comment