Tuesday 24 June 2014

Teaser Tuesday: The Break-Up Artist by Philip Siegel

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

The Break-Up Artist by Philip Siegel.

The Break-Up Artist –
Harlequin Teen

I should throw the slippers out like I’ve done with the rest of my memories from that train wreck of a friendship, but I won’t. I never do. I keep them here, in plain sight, a perpetual reminder of why I do this.
— Chapter 1

“Are you serious?”
She glares at me with the fire of a thousand tanning booths. I’ll take that as a yes.
— Chapter 13



Summer is here and with it numerous summer comedies and light romances. This one has an interesting premise insofar as that the snarky narrator starts out as a romantic grump convinced that relationships are meant to be broken. I’ll venture a guess and say that this will have changed by the end of the story. Just how this will happen is not quite clear at this point. Sure, there is the potential guy to convince her otherwise but there is not that much going on there yet.

Do you read according to seasons? At work I’m reading slightly asynchronous and currently have Christmas stories on my table. So Summer reads are definitely necessary to prevent me from humming Jingle Bells in 30 degree weather.

10 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

LOL - that's some glare.
I don't really read according to seasons, although I do like to read a few Christmas stories during December.

Here's My Teaser

Karen and Gerard said...

Wonder what the significance if of the slippers; good teaser.

Beth F said...

Ha! Love that glare.

Dani and Jax said...

Nice teasers! The one about the slippers makes me want to read it
to found out why! :D ~Jax
Our teasers: http://covergirlsdj.blogspot.com/2014/06/teaser-tuesday_24.html

Cyn @ Bookmunchies said...

Great teasers! I love the "with the fire of a thousand tanning booths" lol! Hope you're enjoying it, it was a pretty fun read for me .

Here's my teasers at Bookmunchies (:

Udita Banerjee said...

So hard to let go of friends!
http://cupandchaucer.wordpress.com/2014/06/24/teaser-tuesday-june-24/

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Lol! These are great!

http://bluestockingbb.wordpress.com/2014/06/23/tuesday-teaser-june-24-2014/

Anonymous said...

Nice teasers!

Anonymous said...

Well, this sounds like a nice and snappy character. Great second line! This week I'm teasing ACID by Emma Pass.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Love that description: "fire of a thousand tanning booths." Clever and unusual.
My Teaser is from NOT THE MARRYING KIND.

Post a Comment