Tuesday 24 February 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan.

Welcome to
Shadowhunter Academy –
Margaret K. McElderry Books

People said things like that, without thinking of potential nightmare scenarios or horrific conditions, the whole world changing and love slipping away. None of them ever dreamed love would be tested, and fail.
— 4 %

“Moreover, in the interest of thoroughness I must tell you there is a problem with the food supplies.”
Catarina raised an ivory eyebrow.
“What’s the problem with the food supplies?”
“There aren’t any food supplies.”
“That is a problem.”
— 24 %


Even the longest of train journeys can be somewhat improved by good stories, but I probably shouldn’t jinx it – my track record with trains is epically bad. I’ve missed the Shadowhunter world quite a bit so I suppose you could have given me a Nephilim phone book and I would have enjoyed reading it ... but this was so much better! I hadn’t realised that a certain warlock had so much snark in her. I especially loved that discovery. There were many moments when I must have made sounds of amusement, because my seat neighbour at one point first tried to read over my shoulder and then asked me what the funny book was. I must admit that I was a bit stumped because how do you explain a between books e-short set in a thoroughly established book universe without alienating said neighbour? I think I did a fairly good job, because in the end she asked me to write down the title of the first book. I would have had her sold on Untold as well, but alas that one is not available in German, which is horrific, if you asked me ...

Have you ever been asked by a stranger what you were reading? Or have you asked a stranger about their books? That would be an interesting sort of “week’s assignment” ... hmm ... would anyone like to try that? Let’s hear from you in the comments!

2 comments:

Vonnie said...

The few times that I've asked strangers what they are reading, they seemed very hesitant to share. I completely understand though because I am the same. If someone asks me what I'm reading, I give a brief response. Why? I don't know...lol

My TT

Anonymous said...

yeah, lack of food does sound like a bit of a problem. LOL I enjoyed both teasers, though I'm not all that familiar with the Shadowhunter books (I've only read the original Mortal Instruments trilogy). But I hope you're enjoying this, it definitely sounds interesting!

Here's My Teaser!

Post a Comment