Tuesday 16 February 2016

Teaser Tuesday: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm.
To play along just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Cinder by Marissa Meyer.

Cinder – Feiwel & Friends

“Vanity is a factor, but it is more a question of control. It is easier to trick others into perceiving you as beautiful if you can convince yourself you are beautiful. But mirrors have an uncanny way of telling the truth.”
— Chapter 19

“It will, I promise. Listen carefully, as this may be something of a shock to you.”
“A shock? You mean all that was just the precursor?”
— Chapter 25



For various reasons I feel like I’m haunted by fairy tales this past week ...time to dig out the trusted version with cyborgs and androids to make sense of the situation and save the world. This amazing series has recently been completed with the publication of the short story collection and if you haven’t been living beyond the moon (trust me on this, you wouldn’t want to live on the moon in this case), you have probably heard about the serie’s overall perfection. But in case you were looking for another nudge to pick it up or maybe re-read, let me assure you that you’re not making a mistake in opening the first page of this series. You don’t have to be a fairy tale buff to appreciate the series, but you can find some hidden gems in names and story arcs if you’re looking for them. And actually a lot of cultural observation when it comes to accepting and living together with people who seem other to us.

Do you have a favourite retelling of a fairy tale? Let me know in the comments along with your teaser!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I haven't read any of this series yet, but it's on my TBR. I loved the series that Terri Windling and Ellen Datlow edited that included The Jack of Kinrowan by Charles de Lint. Each book in the series was based on a different fairy tale. My teaser this week is from Bitter Bite by Jennifer Estep

Kathy Martin said...

I loved this book. Winter if finally coming near the top of my TBR pile and I can't wait to read it. My YA teaser comes from The Shadow Queen by C. J. Redwine. Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy Teaser Tuesday as I learn about all kinds of series I've not been introduced to before. Here is yet another example. Sounds like a thoroughly interesting series. Here's my mystery intro and teaser from The Jazz Files: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1bS

Kristin said...

This is a great book, hope you're enjoying!

My teaser is from Sarah Rees Brennan's TELL THE WIND AND FIRE:
http://www.pagepilgrims.com/tuesday-teaser-february-16/

Post a Comment